Protecting Your Identity
Identity theft is a rapidly growing problem, so refer to this section to avoid the dangers. Articles and podcasts target credit card and ID protection, destruction of sensitive files, mail protection, and safeguarding children and aging parents.
- Don't Let Anyone Steal Your Credit Identity - Identify theft is a fast growing crime that is not only stressful, but potentially dangerous. Protect your personal identity and financial information by guarding your social security number and all personal information using these simple actions.
- Monitor Your Financial Identity by Reviewing Your Credit Reports - Use the credit bureaus to keep track of your credit report.
- Disposing of and Shredding Personal Documents - Everyone has documents with personal information on them. Learning when and how to dispose of these papers is important for your own safety.
- Protect Your Mail - Keep your incoming and outgoing mail secure.
- Be Prepared if Disaster Strikes - Creating and maintaining all important financial, insurance and personal property records both online and in a separate off-site location will make dealing with any type of disaster much easier.
- Protecting Your Children From Identity Theft - Information on protecting your child from identity theft.
- Protecting Seniors From Identity Theft - Seniors are the most vulnerable group for identity theft. Here's information about staying safe.
- Protecting Your Identity During a Job Search - Job seekers have to be careful to safeguard their personal information against identity thieves and other scammers.