ATM and Card Security
Read here for tips on securing your card and protecting your card in association with an ATM.
- ATM Security and You - Important steps you can take to make ATM security your business.
- Guarding Against Payment Card Withholding and Skimming - Making purchases with debit or credit cards is generally safer than using cash, but card withholding and skimming frauds can compromise the accounts of unwary consumers.
- Safe Use of Credit Cards - Always protect your credit card information.
- Debit Card Security - Keeping your pin safe is the first step in debit card safety.
- Traveling with Your Cards - By planning ahead, you can make your trip as hassle free as possible when it comes to using your credit cards.
- Opt Out of Personal Offers - Opt-out of mail offers and limit an identity thief's chances of responding to a solicitation on your behalf.
- New Microchip-Enabled Payment Cards May Still Be Vulnerable to Exploitation by Fraudsters - Credit card fraud happens daily. Even with the change over to the new chip-based EMV cards, it is still a common problem. Learning how to best protect your payment cards is the first step to keep yourself free from identify theft.
This website and the articles contained within are provided as a free service to you and for general informational purposes only. Information on this website is not intended to provide legal, accounting, tax or other advice. Please consult your attorney, accountant, or financial or other advisor with regard to your individual situation. We also make no warranty or representation regarding, and do not endorse, any linked websites or the information appearing there.