Brought to you by the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) Scam Alerts.
Learn about the different activities criminals use to take advantage of you and steal your identity. While some of these alerts are not new, they are still very relevant and important today.
- If You Make or Buy a Fake COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card, You Endanger Yourself and Those Around You, and You Are Breaking the Law - The Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Inspector General (HHS-OIG) and the FBI are advising the public to be aware of individuals selling fake COVID-19 vaccination record cards and encouraging others to print fake cards at home.
- FBI Releases the Internet Crime Complaint Center 2020 Internet Crime Report, Including COVID-19 Scam Statistics - The FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center has released its annual report.
- Telephony Denial of Service Attacks Can Disrupt Emergency Call Center Operations - The Federal Bureau of Investigation is issuing this announcement to provide public steps to help mitigate the impact of Telephony Denial of Service (TDoS) attacks.
- Egregor Ransomware Targets Businesses Worldwide, Attempting to Extort Businesses by Publicly Releasing Exfiltrated Data - The FBI first observed Egregor ransomware in September 2020. To date, the threat actors behind this ransomware variant claim to have compromised over 150 victims worldwide.
- Cyber Criminals Exploit Network Access and Privilege Escalation - Cyber criminals are focusing their operations to target employees of companies worldwide who maintain network access and an ability to escalate network privilege.
- Recent Swatting Attacks Targeting Residents With Camera and Voice-Capable Smart Devices - The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is issuing this announcement to warn users of smart home devices with cameras and voice capabilities to use complex, unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication to help protect against “swatting” attacks.
- Iranian Cyber Actors Continue to Threaten US Election Officials - The FBI is issuing this announcement to help the public recognize Iranian activity intended to create fear, divisions, and mistrust in the United States and undermine public confidence in the US electoral process.
- Computer Network InfrastructureVulnerable to Windows 7 End of Life Status, Increasing Potential for Cyber Attacks - The FBI has observed cyber criminalstargeting computer network infrastructureafter an operating system achieves end of life status.
- Transition to Distance Learning Creates Opportunities for Cyber Actors to Disrupt Instruction and Steal Data - This PSA was written with contributions from the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA).
- Child Abductors Potentially Using Social Media or Social Networks to Lure Victims In Lieu of an In-Person Ruse - The FBI warns the public of the potential threat of individuals posing as minors on popular social media or social networks to lure victims in lieu of immediate, inperson ruse with the intent to abduct.