Brought to you by the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) Scam Alerts.
Learn about the different activities criminals use to take advantage of you and steal your identity. While some of these alerts are not new, they are still very relevant and important today.
- Threats Associated with the Israel-HAMAS Conflict - DHS and FBI Public Service Announcement
- Scammers Solicit Fake Humanitarian Donations - The FBI is warning the public that scammers are committing charity fraud by soliciting fake humanitarian donations during the Israel HAMAS conflict.
- Additional Guidance on the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea Information Technology Workers - The United States (U.S.) and the Republic of Korea (ROK) are updating previous warnings and guidance to the international community
- Cybercriminals are Targeting Plastic Surgery Offices and Patients - The FBI is warning the public about cybercriminals who target plastic surgery offices
- Situation in Israel - The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) are issuing this notification to advise of an ongoing issue of potential public safety concern consequent to the Hamas attacks in Israel.
- “Phantom Hacker” Scams Target Senior Citizens and Result in Victims Losing their Life Savings - The FBI is warning the public of a recent nationwide increase in “Phantom Hacker” scams, significantly impacting senior citizens.
- Increase in Tech Support Scams Targeting Older Adults and Directing Victims to Send Cash through Shipping Companies - The FBI is warning the public of a recent nationwide uptick in technical support scams targeting older adults
- Cyber Criminals Targeting Victims through Mobile Beta-Testing Applications - The FBI is warning the public that cyber criminals are embedding malicious code in mobile beta-testing applications (apps) to defraud potential victims.
- Increase in Companies Falsely Claiming an Ability to Recover Funds Lost in Cryptocurrency Investment Scams - The FBI warns of an increase in cryptocurrency recovery schemes, which exploit victims who lost cryptocurrency to fraud, scams, and theft.
- The FBI Warns of False Job Advertisements Linked to Labor Trafficking at Scam Compounds - The FBI warns US citizens and individuals who travel or live abroad of the risk of false job advertisements linked to labor trafficking at Southeast Asia-based scam compounds