Brought to you by the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) Scam Alerts.
Learn about the different activities criminals use to take advantage of you and steal your identity. While some of these alerts are not new, they are still very relevant and important today.
- The FBI Warns of Fraudulent Schemes Leveraging Cryptocurrency ATMs and QR Codes to Facilitate Payment - The FBI warns the public of fraudulent schemes leveraging cryptocurrency ATMs and Quick Response (QR) codes to facilitate payment.
- Cyber Criminals Likely Developing and Selling Scamming Tools to Harvest Credentials of Brand-Name Consumers - The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is releasing this PSA to inform the public of recent spear phishing email campaigns targeting consumers of brand-name companies, also known as brand-phishing, through their online User IDs and associated email accounts.
- Holiday Scammers Take Advantage of Online Shoppers - The FBI warns of cyber criminals targeting shoppers hoping to take advantage of online bargains and hard to find gift items for the holidays.
- FBI Warns of a Grandparent Fraud Scheme Using Couriers - The FBI warns of criminal actors’ alleged use of couriers to collect money in a grandparent fraud scheme.
- Scammers Target Families Who Post Missing Persons on Social Media - The FBI warns the public of scammers seeking to extort family members of missing persons.
- If You Make or Buy a Fake COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card, You Endanger Yourself and Those Around You, and You Are Breaking the Law - The Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Inspector General (HHS-OIG) and the FBI are advising the public to be aware of individuals selling fake COVID-19 vaccination record cards and encouraging others to print fake cards at home.
- FBI Releases the Internet Crime Complaint Center 2020 Internet Crime Report, Including COVID-19 Scam Statistics - The FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center has released its annual report.
- Telephony Denial of Service Attacks Can Disrupt Emergency Call Center Operations - The Federal Bureau of Investigation is issuing this announcement to provide public steps to help mitigate the impact of Telephony Denial of Service (TDoS) attacks.
- Egregor Ransomware Targets Businesses Worldwide, Attempting to Extort Businesses by Publicly Releasing Exfiltrated Data - The FBI first observed Egregor ransomware in September 2020. To date, the threat actors behind this ransomware variant claim to have compromised over 150 victims worldwide.
- Cyber Criminals Exploit Network Access and Privilege Escalation - Cyber criminals are focusing their operations to target employees of companies worldwide who maintain network access and an ability to escalate network privilege.